The lovely gingerlovesmakeup nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is a tremendous honor considering that I’ve only been blogging on WordPress for like 2 months! I was actually quite shocked when she messaged me about it, this is sooo cool! Thank you so much!
Now, if you’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award here is what you have to do:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you
2. Answer 10 questions by the person who nominated you (see below)
3. Nominate in turn 10 other bloggers you like with under 200 followers (this I am going to have big problems with as I don’t follow so many blogs just yet)
4.Come up with 10 new questions
5. Head over to the blogs of the people you nominated and tell them you nominated them.
Like I mentioned above I am still in the process of finding new blogs that I like and I can probably come up with 3 nominees not 10 I am so sorry!
My nominees are:
1. Snowhoney, sometimes in German sometimes in English and always colorful
2. Munderoon, up and coming bookblogger
3. and I would like to return the favor and throw what little weight I have behind the nomination of gingerlovesmakeup, she does an amazing job!
My 10 answers:
1.What song do you listen to to make you feel good?
At the moment Limp Bizkit’s Rolling and Eminem’s W.T.P. (nope, I don’t know either what is wrong with me)
2.When it comes to lip products, are you a nude or colourful girl?
Usually more nude, but at the moment I am craving my deep red lipsticks.
3.What is your favorite brand?
MAC. Always MAC. Can’t help it. They make the only foundation that matches my skintone.
4.If you were to star in a romantic movie, who would your leading man/woman be?
At the moment Henry Cavill. Hnph.
5. Do you have a pet at home? If yes, what’s his/her name.
I have a cat and her name is Skadi. Spoilt little prankster brat. Love her though 😀
6.What is the worst make-up/hair care/body care/ product you have ever tried?
Dove Hair Mask. After using it twice my hair felt like it was coated in plastic, ugh!
7.How would you change you hair (length and color) if you could have anything on your head? Your hair can suddenly become long and dense and blue, for example
I would give myself waves. Nice big waves. Everything else I’m ok with when it comes to my hair, especially now that I am a redhead :).
8.When is your birthday and how was your last birthday? Did you celebrate?
My birthday was in August. I am not one to really celebrate as in party-celebrate. I had a nice relaxing day with my girls, chatting, watching british comedy panel shows, painting our nails and eating cupcakes. Perfect!
9.What are two things you like about YOURSELF and one thing you dislike about yourself?
I like my rather strangely colored eyes and how I can get pretty much anything I want done if I set my mind to it. What I don’t like about myself is how volatile I can be.
10.This is a really hard question for me but what is your favorite food?
My favorite food… probably pasta with pesto alla siciliana. I could eat that all day every day.
My darling Snowhoney has nominated me back and here are the answers to her 10 questions:
1. Favourite country and why?
That’s a toughie! Probably Ireland. I’ve been there for just a week a few years ago, but it felt like coming home, as if I immediately put down roots or rather re-connected with roots I had there all along. Never felt like this before anywhere in the world (except for the north of Germany but that doesn’t count)
2. What languages are you speaking and would you like to learn more?
I speak German and English fluently, I understand some French, Spanish, Dutch and Swedish. I think I would like to learn Swedish and Dutch better and I would love to learn Latin because it’s so universal.
3. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
Lipstick, hands down! I don’t like lipgloss on me. I don’t like the sheerness a lot of glosses have to them, I don’t like the glossiness (*d’uh) and that they disappear so fast. I am a matte lipstick kinda girl, MAC’s RiRiWoo is heaven in a tube.
4. Who would you like to meet if you had the chance to? (Famous person, e.g. actor/actress, singer, politician, author etc.)?
Both living and dead? If so then I’d like to meet the Bronte sisters and probably Charles Brandon and Cesare Borgia, ooh and Machiavelli, it would probably be a complete nightmare. On the living and breathing front I would love to sit down and talk books and writing with Wentworth Miller, watch a football game with Russell Howard or sing a duet with Charlotte Wessels of Delain.
5. Name your five favourite Disney movies.
Ariel, the little Mermaid. That one I love to death. It was the first Disney movie I saw at like 5 years old and 21 years later I still adore it.
Tim Burton’s A Nightmare before Christmas and Alice in Wonderland, those were Disney movies I believe.
Pirates of the Caribbean of course and
I loved Tangled
6. If you can only keep three contacts in your cell phone, who would be staying?
Three is harsh. The number of my family’s landline would be staying, Snowhoney’s number and my boss’ number.
7. Pants or dress?
Pants, because even if I am wearing skirts or dresses I’m still wearing leggings underneath.
8. Who do you trust the most in recommendations for books?
My friends and my guts.
9. All-time favourite author?
Another tough one. Alyson Noel can do whatever she wants and I love it, Ken Follett wrote a couple of my all time favorite books so did George R.R. Martin and J.R.R. Tolkien. It is probably a tie of those four.
10. Nailpolish – yay or nay?
I ‘co-own’ a nailpolish blog so YAY!!!!
My 10 questions:
1. The one music album you always return to, even after years of not listening to it?
2. The TV show that feels like coming home when you watch it?
3.Which eyeliner do you prefer? Gel, liquid, powder or pencil?
4.Sci Fi or Fantasy?
5.The book that was stuck in your head for days after finishing to read it?
6.What is your dream vehicle? Anything is possible, from horse carriage to motorbike to space ship!
7.How do you like your tea/coffee? Sugar? Milk?
8.Heels or Flats?
9.Your favorite color?
10. Bolognese or carbonara?